I do not seem to have had much stitching or computer time this week, well no fun computer time anyway. Tonight I plan a bit of a catch up with reading and commenting!
My works in progress for the week are:
Progress has been made with my shelf - it's up!! Still a work in progress though because this isn't the quilt that will hang here. The wall hanging is one of the older ones I have made, and isn't the right colour and perhaps not even my style anymore, but I freshly washed it and decided it is better than nothing!! It doesn't even have hanging strips so I have just pinned it in place. I'm also not sure about the ornaments yet, the larger birdhouse needs painting as the mint green doesn't go with the anything in the room - as I said, a WIP.
My other WIP for the week is my Vignette stitching. I have made a little progress on the birdhouse block, I love the new thread I am sewing the flowers with - Raisin by Cottage Garden Threads. The colours never show up as well in the photos but I love the shades in this thread.
The lovely Teresa at Quilting Stitching and Sew On from Portugal has very kindly awarded me The Versatile Blogger Award.
Thank you so much Teresa, I feel very unworthy but I appreciate the thought! And I love your blog too!
There are rules to this award...
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself on the post.
3. Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
4. Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you've picked for the award.
So, seven things about me, hmmm...
1. I am the second youngest of seven children
2. I used to work as a nurse
3. I am quite shy and do not like to push myself onto others
4. I am very blessed to be married to my best friend
5. I do not read many books during the year because I know once I start reading a good book I don't get anything else done
6. We have always had cats, at the moment we have two, and Charlie and I love them, they are a huge part of our lives
7. I am a real homebody and like nothing more than knowing I can spend time at home so I feel very fortunate to be able to work from home at this stage in my life.
Now, because of point 3 above, I would find it difficult to pass the award on in case you didn't want it!! Plus, I think all the blogs I read are really wonderful and inspiring and I have so enjoyed 'meeting' you all this year. So I will break the rule and not pass it on but maybe some of you would like to take the award and share seven things about yourself.
Have a wonderful weekend, happy stitching, Wendy