Tuesday 8 March 2011

Charlie's Crafts!!

Yesterday afternoon I decided to try my hand at sewing. When I was little, my Mum and Dad bought me a doll, then Mum made heaps of clothes for her. Recently, Mum found the patterns she had used and gave them to me. I tried (emphasis on tried) to make a little skirt and some track pants for my dolly. It was quite exciting and I could see how much I improved by the end of it, my seams starting off crooked and ended slightly straighter. Then for my wee track pants I got my Mum to crochet me a cord to go around the waist. Here are the final products:

My little skirt on Fiona Bear
 

My wee track pants on my doll


1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlie... don't know how I missed your post yesterday. Especially because there is a bear in it!
    The skirt and trousers you made look super cute. I have to make a new outfit for Mad Mac's bear Princess every Christmas. You've given me some new ideas for this year.
    I'll let you into a little secret.... my seams can look like bananas at times! Shush... don't tell.
    Keep sewing... you are good at it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!