Another fab weekend is drawing to a close. I really appreciate a sunny weekend after a week of rain! We have been enjoying some crafting here: Charlie and I helped my Sunday School kids make these cute snowmen baubles with their own hand prints, the idea came from the Handmade Christmas magazine; Charlie has been making sweet button decorations so I bought a little tree to hang them on; I have started making Christmas Bon Bon's for gifts; and I made this yummy jelly slice which has been very popular and quite Christmasy looking. The recipe was told to me last week and I will try to pass it on to you:
- Mix a jelly packet with 1 Tbspn of gelatin and 1 cup hot water. Mix well and pour into container to set.
- Mix one can sweetened condensed milk with 2 Tbspns of gelatin, 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup boiling water. Mix well and pour half of mixture over the set jelly layer and set in fridge. Reserve other half of mixture.
- Make another packet of jelly as in step 1 and pour over set condensed milk layer. Let jelly set in fridge.
- Once the jelly is set, pour the remaining condensed milk mixture over it and put in fridge to set.
- Make another packet of jelly as in step 1 and pour over and set.
You could make this slice in different colours to suit the occasion, perhaps your team colours, etc. I hope my instructions are clear enough!
I got a lovely parcel on Saturday too, a wonderful gift from Donna for being part of her Farmer's Wife Quiltalong. Thank you for your generosity Donna, I look forward to using the product you have given me. Wendy xx