Thursday 20 October 2011

Swaps, hexies and FNSI

I have been on tenterhooks since I received my scissor keep swap over a week ago because the parcel I sent my swap partner, Cheryl, had not arrived at her house!  I even went to the Post Office today to see if they could help and came home to an email from Cheryl that it had finally arrived!  I am so relieved and now I can show you what I made ... 
Needlecase and Scissor Keep - An Angels Story by Anni Downs
Strawberry Scissor Fob - free Internet pattern by Marie Greene
Of course some New Zealand chocolate found it's way into the parcel because every crafting occasion is made sweeter with chocolate!  Thanks to Sandy at Cookies and Cream Craft for organising this swap.

Well, the rugby has been exciting especially if you are an All Black supporter, which of course I am, and I managed to get sewing done as I watched.  I finished the fourth row of my Vignette hexagon quilt ...
So that's 80 hexie flowers with 60 more to make, or 4 rows done with 3 more to go! 

It's Friday Night Sew In tomorrow night (see button in my side bar) so I am looking forward to getting some more sewing done but perhaps a change from hexies ... Happy FNSI!  Wendy

14 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL SEWING SET YOU'VE MADE.I LOVE THE STITCHERY AND THE STRAWBERRY.
    YOUR FLOWER GARDEN IS AMAZING!GREAT JOB!
    SEE YOU ON FNSI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous needle case and keeper. Love the fussy cutting on the inside.
    Wow those hexies are multiplying!
    Imagine if the rugby went for another month?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely needle case and keeper, and the hexies are so nice, mine have gone on the back burne for now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy what a great job you have done of this swap those items are very nice,lucky Cheryl,whow your hexies look great also,well done Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sewing set is great... love the fabrics you used... The hexies are looking great.... good luck with the rugby this weekend... we'll be shouting for AB since it's no good shouting Wallabies anymore!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scissors keep is really nice.

    Oh yu are so good having stitched your flowers together. Looks great.

    Will be sewing with you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made a beautiful gift !! I love your needle case !!
    And your hexies quilt looks wonderful !!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's alot of hexies but I love the red theme! You are getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Hexie quilt looks stunning. Well done. Very cute strawberry too.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your gorgeous red hexies.
    Lucky Cheryl receiving those pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely scissors swap Wendy. Your fabric choice is so pretty. Your hexies are growing, they look beautiful. Good luck to the All Blacks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made a beautiful set for the keeper swap. I am waiting for mine, but she has alreaydy sent it. I love your hexies. It is just the color I love. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The swap gifts you made are very cute and scrummy. And I love how your hexies are looking...I've probably said it before,but I love your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your swap gifts are gorgeous, you made a wonderful job. Your hexagon project is growing steadily, over halfway there now. Go the AB's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!