Saturday 8 October 2011

Saturday sewing

It has been a lovely day today, the sun has been shining, the school holidays have started, and I got some sewing done!  Charlie had quite a low key birthday this year, yummy breakfast and dinner on Wednesday (her menu choice) and a friend stayed Friday night.  We went to the movies today and saw The Smurfs, well the kids enjoyed it!  Instead of a birthday cake I made Charlie chocolate cupcakes with raspberry frosting ...

As for the sewing, today I finished this week's stitchery for the Sew Happy Christmas banner ...
Some time ago I signed up for a Tilda Sew Along with Lydia's Treasures and it has finally started.  My first task was to prepare the pattern and sew the pieces together so I got that done today.  I had previously tea-dyed some calico so I am using that for the body and I didn't want such a big doll so I reduced the pattern to 70%.  Here is where I am up to ...
I also completed my first swap this week, the keeper swap, so I will show you photos once my swap partner, Cheryl (no blog), receives them.  
Well, Wales have just beaten Ireland for the rugby world cup quarter finals and tonight we have the England versus France game to watch.  Sounds like a perfect evening to get some Vignette sewing done, my only dilemma is mystery quilt or hexagons, what's a girl to do?
Happy stitching, Wendy

15 comments:

  1. Cupcake looks very yummy!!! And the doll is coming along nicely. I hope England beat France!
    Have a great weekend, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy what a wonderful day you have had,that cup cake looks so yummy,love your tilda doll

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading your blog while the TV is on in the other room with England playing France...I'm a bit undecided about what to do as well...that cupcake is tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious... the cupcakes and the stitching.... enjoy the rugby.... it is tommorrows game I am worried about!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cupcake looks so yummy! I love raspberry anything and of course chocolate is the perfect combo! Great job on your stitchery's! I want to do these too but haven't started yet. So many projects... so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous sewing and boy does that cake look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love raspberries! That cake looks yum.
    Glad Charlie had a lovely birthday.
    Can't wait to see the vignette progress and your tilda doll too. I was given a tilda book and want to have a go at a doll. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cupcake is picture perfect on that plate! ;) Your stitchalong is beautiful, and I can't decide what to do about Tilda...that is if I should just watch everyone's progress or join in. :) I'm thinking a little of both Vignette's are in order today. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cupcakes look delicious.
    Well done stitiching your SAL. I have downloaded them but only have the first one finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This cupcake seems very good !!! I regret to live so far away !!!
    Great job with the Christmas banner !!
    Enjoy your night sewing !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummmmmm cup cake!!! Charlie has a very clever mum... The little Tilda doll is going to be gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The photo of your yummy cupcake could be on the front of a greeting card...beautiful! Happy Birthday to your little one. Little girls and cupcakes just go together. Lovely stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Wendy....well done... I can fully understand why you reduced the pattern by 70% the doll is very long. Im looking forward to seeing you angel finished. ..... the cupcake looks yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your messages. I think my old computer needs to go into retirement it seem to be doing all sorts of crazy stuff lately.
    Hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy cupcakes Wendy. Hope Charlie had a lovely birthday. Your Christmas stitchery looks terrific. Well the Wallabies come up against the All Blacks now. Hmm, don't think we have much of a chance against your team, but at least they are in the semis. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!