Sunday 30 October 2011

Flat out like a lizard drinking!!

Yes, it's been a busy week (my hubby thought you Aussie readers would appreciate my post title!), hence no blogging for me and not too much sewing either.

I did get a little stitching done ...
I nearly finished the fifth stitchery for the Christmas banner but I ran out of thread so I'm off to the quilt shop tomorrow.
My Tilda sew along task this week was to finish the doll's face and start cutting out her clothes so she now has a face and her clothes have been started.  I thought I'd wait until she was dressed before posting another photo of her.
The third stitching I have been working on is for the Great Global Christmas Swap, I have a little sneak peek for you ...

... a cute little Christmas bird.  I LOVE this pattern so I hope my swap partner will too.
On a different note, our favourite muffin recipe at the moment is Raspberry and Chocolate Muffins ...
I had fun trying to get a nice photo, isn't the Camellia beautiful?  If you want the recipe click on the new recipe tab at the top.
Well, I hope to spend tonight having a catch up on some of your lovely blogs.
Happy stitching, Wendy

16 comments:

  1. I like your little Christmas bird. You are doing the same things I do. Stitching and working on the Tilda doll. Almost if we working together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that saying.... and love all your stitcheries.. the little bird is very sweet - I'm sure your swappartner will love it....thanks for the recipe...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Saying. Thank you so much for the recipe. Kids (and hubby) are always looking for something new to try so I will add this ne to teir list. Keegan made Vanilla cup cakes yesterday and they were yum so maybe she should make these for us :o) Thanks, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that saying!
    Lovely little stitcheries.
    I have a camelia similar to yours.
    Yummy sounding muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy lovely projects you have been working on and that camilia is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pity you run out of thread in action !!!
    Your stitcheries are very nice !! and your muffins seem so yummy !!!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  7. The saying bought a smile to my day!
    Cute stitcheries... and the muffins look yummy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure your partner will love your stitching. I would love one of those muffins. Might have to make some. If you visit me today you will see my Charlotte I am minding here while her little brother is arriving.
    Hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strewth- what a bonzer muffin. The camelia is grouse and so is all your stitching Wendy. Hope you have a great week over there across the ditch in Kiwi Land.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wendy, you are too funny and so is Miss Cate!!
    We have been flat out like a lizard drinking too! No time for blogging! Love all your beautiful work..xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did you know that Raspberry and White Chocolate muffins are my favourite! Your's look mega yummy too. Thanks for the recipe.
    Did I mention I love your Christmas banner.... think I did.... wink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That muffin sounds delish! I love the chocolate & raspberry combo in anything & everything! Your stitchery's looking good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good on you keeping up with the Christmas SAL's.. I've been diligently saving them - hope I get a chance to get hem done - they are so cute. Love the sound of that muffin - I may have to trial that recipe! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Charlie and Wendy,
    I'm so glad you stopped by my blog, and now I'm your follower, you have a beautiful blog with lots of nice and fresh ideas, very inspiring to me.
    And I'm looking forward to finish my Tilda doll very soon, I'm so thrilled about it.
    I'll be around,
    have a wonderful week

    Laura =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely stitcheries, don't you hate it when you run out of thread in the middle of stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful stitchery, hope you got some matching thread. Love the Camellia,very pretty.Gotta love the title to this post.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!