Friday 17 May 2013

A visit and vignette

 
The weather this week has been damp and foggy until yesterday when I woke to a perfect autumn day.  I had been wanting to visit Julie at Threadbear Cottage for what feels like ages so I decided to ignore work and make the most of the sunshine.  Julie lives only 30 minutes away from me and the countryside is beautiful.  Everywhere looks lush and green again, I guess the drought is definitely over.  Julie's house and shop are so beautiful and inspiring, full of the many gorgeous things she has made.  I bought a sweet little doll for Charlie's room and hung it beside her noticeboard.  Charlie noticed as soon as she came home from school and loves it.  The little red doll I bought for me, it looks really cute with my red and white things.  Julie was so generous and gave me some of her famous potpourri and a lavender heart, my house is smelling amazing right now!  Thank you so much Julie, visiting with you was the highlight of my week!
As for my sewing, I have been plugging away at my Vignette quilt and have finally finished two more blocks, so that's ten blocks done and six more to go!  Wendy xx

19 comments:

  1. lovely pictures... I just love the colour combination for your vignette quilt... such beautiful stitching too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pics and such cute buys Wendy ,boy you are going well with your quilt there is a lot of stitching in that one.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need to ignore work every now and then. Looks like you made the most of your day. Your quilt is coming along so well, my goodness there's a lot of stitching in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is coming along nicely Wendy. I love the colours you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as always...that quilt is more amazing everytime I see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful way to spend the day. Every time I see your Vignette Quilt I love it more. The colours and threads are perfect and your perfect stitches. You are well over half way, keep up the great work. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendy - the 2 dolls look gorgeous where you have put them - so glad Charlie liked her doiley doll. Isabella photographed very well - she has appeared on a few blogs now - quite the "famous" girl.
    Thanks so much for a VERY enjoyable morning Wendy. Your vignette quilt looks amazing, I love your colour range :-) Hugs, Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy, so wonderful you got to Julies, I was sure you would love her shop as much as I did! Glad you did a spot of shopping.
    I love the colours you are doing your vignette quilt in, pretty, warm & country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what lovely treasures. Must be a wonderful shop!
    lovely to see your vignette progress. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your vignette quilt is looking beautiful Wendy, such lovely stitching..........and the two little dolls are so sweet.......it's nice to shop and visit with friends.

    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a wonderful place :)
    Love you cinnamon doll :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Vignette quilt is looking stunning Wendy. What gorgeous little gifts you got at Julie's shop. Both little dolls are lovely as is Charlie's noticeboard. Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet little dolls.I love the quilt,all that gorgeous stitching,it's going to be a stunning quilt.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yaay your Vignette is growing well!! Well over half way now!! SO neat you got to visit Julie's shop - we loved it there too..sweet purchases and I have some of her beautiful pot pourri too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how your quilt is coming along..gorgeous. Beautiful treasures from Julie's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely dolls ! you've done the right choice going to Julie's shop !!
    And waow !! you have done a splendid work with your Vignette quilt !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a lovely day. The dolls are so sweet . Your quilt is gorgeous , you are doing a great job:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some yummy purchases Wendy and am loving your Vignette quilt - my colors

    ReplyDelete
  19. What sweet little dolls you picked up from Julie's shop:) Your quilt is looking lovely Wendy, you are always creating beautiful things. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!