Tuesday 23 October 2012

Term 4 already

Well the school holidays are well and truly over and this is the second week back at school for the kids.  We have had very mixed weather with lots of rain and wind!  In fact, the evening the kids decided to try out the temporary ice rink, we were in the middle of an icy weather bomb!  We keep telling ourselves that summer is just around the corner.  Yesterday was an extra day off for Labour Weekend and I tried a new recipe, upside down apple cake, and family visited for morning tea.  It was so nice to take things slowly and I also enjoyed some sewing  time in the afternoon.  Today I received some lovely mail; I had won beautiful fabrics from Anthea and she also included a gorgeous variegated thread.  Thanks Anthea, I love them!  I am keeping busy in my spare time, working away on my Christmas Angel sewing list and the Tis the Season quilt.  I completed another Angel item and  four more Tis the Season blocks - only one more to make!  As for my Labour Weekend sewing, I am making a washi dress for myself.  After the success of my skirt I was encouraged to try to make myself a summer dress and I love the look of the washi dress that is popping up all over blog-land.  So far it is going well and I just need to add the sleeves then hem it.  Hopefully I will be back soon with a new dress, Wendy xx

17 comments:

  1. The dress look perfect for the summer weather that IS coming!!!
    The apple cakes looks delicious too :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy cake, beautiful projects and I am looking or ward to seeing your competed dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy i love that runner,i just got that die so i think i will make a runner like yours,i love it.Yummy cake and congrats on your lovely win from Anthea,lovely prizes.Well arent you the clever one your dress looks stunning,well done my friend on a mighty job.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy, I drooled over every photo in this post, but especially the cake, yum!
    I am in awe of people who make clothing I must get over my fear and learn one day. Your Christmas blocks are beautiful, look forward to seeing the finished article! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress looks very nice. Lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty dress and delicious cake. (I shouldn't read blogs before I make dinner!)
    Your TTS blocks are gorgeous, that will be one very nice quilt to admire in December.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you've been working on. The cake looks scrumptious and I'm looking forward to seeing your dress finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A post worth eating up. Gorgeous projects and ohhhh! that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cake looks very yummy! Dress looks fab and I agree the weather is all over the place, this morning in the naki we had a frost and a heavy one at that! Have a great day, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your dress. Lovely cool fabrics..
    Hmmm nice cake. I am flying over for some ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. All looking great! I wonder if the cake is the same recipe I make, it's yummy, I make it several times when our apple tree is fruiting. I like the table runner too....French General fabric?
    Cute xmas stitcheries, similar design to the one I have just finished, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos of all that you've been up to. You are making great progress on 'tis the season; it's going to be very nice. And I must say, the apple cake looks delicious!! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post of all your doings. Yummo cake and it looks so lovely on the cake stand on your beautiful runner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Wendy !
    your apple pie looks very yummy !!! I'd like to taste a piece of it !!
    Your fabrics are great and I love your Christmas blocks !! Well done !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  15. lots of great things and that cake! too yummy! i used to sew all my clothes and havent done it for years. i might just have to jump back into it again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That cake looks yummy!! And your blocks are so enticing...I sure hope I can find some embroidery time soon, there are only two months until Christmas! The dress is amazing...I don't think mine would look so nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope the weather has improved for you, maybe you can send some of that wet weather over here it's very dry and hot. I love apple cake, I made one today too but the apple was on the bottom, very tasty indeed. I'll have to look for that washi dress I haven't heard of it before. Hope your week is off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!