Sunday 7 October 2012

Holiday sewing

Wrap skirt on yoke - Polli's patterns
So, my holiday sewing consisted of a new skirt for me, three more Tis the Season blocks and some Christmas gift sewing (you just get a sneak peek of the Christmas item.)  Would you believe I have had this skirt pattern and fabric all cut out and ready to sew for two years!  I think part of the reason for my procrastination was that I wasn't happy with the size I had cut out, not that it was the wrong size for me at the time, but it was a size I was unhappy about being.  But that's a story for another day!  I am immensely satisfied with the skirt for lots of reasons:  because I finally sewed it and it only took a morning to complete; because I was able to trim the side seams to a more acceptable size; it was an easy enjoyable pattern to use and fits perfectly; and I love the fabric!  The photos are not the best and I was reluctant to include the full length photo but hubby Paul says I shouldn't have another faceless 'Wilson' shot!  I am still loving working on the Tis the Season blocks and try to always have one ready to stitch when I have spare moments.  It was also a good feeling being able to tick off another item on the Christmas Angel list.  Well, I must get my next Tis the Season stitchery traced ready to start sewing tonight, Wendy xx

24 comments:

  1. Wendy that is a gorgeous skirt and it looks great on you and love your TIS blocks and have no idea what your secret sewing project is,lol,well done on some lovely finishes.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby is right, we love to see your smiling face. You look great in your new skirt, and I LOVE your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Wendy,

    A perfect "Red Post" you even captured the Bottlebrush in bloom. So glad you were able to finish the skirt.

    Happy sewing.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous skirt and it matches so well with your shoes too. Very flattering.
    you are working your way through those stitcheries.
    Pretty sneak peak

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a productive break.
    Lovely skirt. Your Christmas stitching is coming along beautifully.

    Enjoy the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous sewing. I just love that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE love your skirt!! Love your shoes too!
    You have been a busy beaver, I am looking forward to seeing what the handmade goodie is?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the skirt (and the shoes) your stitcheries are great and I can't tell what the Xmas item is. Have a great week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Paul's right,lovely skirt on a lovely girl.
    I love those Christmas blocks,it will be here before we know it,and I haven't even started my Christmas cards.
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good girl!! Red is really your colour. Love your new skirt and shoes. No more Wilson shots... ok! I'm itchin to know what you've been stitchin too.. looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wendy no wonder you love the skirt, it looks F-A-B, & those colours are knockout! I love to see the progress of your TTS, the fabrics are great. Are you using a range, or simply choosing pieces of what you like?
    I am excited to start my TTS next year...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shirt is really lovely, no wonder you like it..
    Your TTS blocks look great...
    I am pleased to have finished my Christmas Angel Swap.. Just waiting to post..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely skirt and a nice photo of you in it! You're getting through those 'Tis the Season' blocks really quickly. Being organised does help!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waow Wendy !!! Your skirt is gorgeous !! You've done a splendid work !
    I love your TTS stitcheries and your fabrics choice !!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgeous Wendy, the skirt suits you so much! As does your lovely smile...:O)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful skirt Wendy, so clever! Love your blocks to, so cute!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful skirt! And cute TTS blocks!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wendy what a beautiful skirt..and Paul is right, it is nice to see your face!!! Your stitcheries are beautiful also...you are sure finishing a lot (and of course are an inspiration!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Très belle jupe. J'aime beaucoup vos broderies.
    Bonne fin de semaine.
    Gisèle

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Wendy, lovely skirt you have made....I have always wanted a pair of red shoes....the stitcheries are gorgeous...hugs O'faigh

    ReplyDelete
  21. You and your skirt look wonderful Wendy. Love the new Tis the Season blocks, looking great! Glad to hear you've had a productive holiday's sewing..... school lunches tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wendy your skirt is beautiful. Seeing your picture. You look just like one of my co-workers cut hair and all. Your Christmas blocks are beautiful. Love your stitching. Hope you are enjoying your week.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wendy your skirt turned out wonderful, and lovely to see a picture of you :) Your "Tis the season" blocks look great too, such a wonderful pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wendy that skirt really suits you beautifully, and looks like it fits just perfectly. You've done a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!