|Badger Cottage pencil case - Lynette Anderson designs
September is racing by - only one more week of winter sports and then hopefully life will feel less pressured! I have managed some sewing though, finishing my Badger Cottage pencil case. I even found a cute little bee charm for the zip and it goes perfectly with the bees and beehives on the fabric. I am going to use this little set for sewing things. Spring is here (yay!) and I couldn't resist buying a gorgeous bunch of daffodils which are really brightening up our table.
I am hoping to get some time in the next couple of months to get some spring cleaning done and I have written a list for my Pretty Crafty Home inspired by Sandra at Cherry Heart.
- Tidy bedroom stereo, make topper
- Re-purpose and paint shelves for kitchen
- Purchase bookcase for bedroom
- Sort and tidy craft supplies
- Purchase shelves or cupboard for laundry and tidy
- Tidy and accessorise bookcase in dining room
- Tidy and accessorise computer area
- Tidy and sort linen cupboard
- Purchase new curtains for bedroom
- Tidy bedroom chest and annual accounts
Our bedroom is still a work in progress. It is up to plastering, painting and wallpapering which is all in Paul's domain so I am just focusing on the little jobs I can do (Paul just read this and asked why those jobs are his domain, ha,ha!). This afternoon I finally sewed on the binding of the little topper I was making for my bedroom stereo. So I can tick off number one on my list. A while ago I bought a little second hand table the perfect size for the stereo and now I have a topper to pretty it up.
|Before (the stereo is hidden behind the book which is used to block out the light at night time!)
|Vase of flowers - designed by Lori Smith in Love of Quilting magazine, May/June 2012
Improved I think! And so nice to get a couple of little finishes, Wendy xx