We made the most of time with family and got some up to date family photos, Josh wanted one that showed that he is now the tallest!
The wedding was just the push I needed to finish my Bellatrix blazer. I had previously made a muslin and had started the real version, taking my time trying to get the best finish I could. Normally I make the medium size but realised as I started sewing I had cut the small. Thankfully it fits perfectly with just the sleeves being a tiny bit short. I made the blazer exactly as per the pattern and it was a surprisingly easy make, even the welt pockets went together easily which I think is credit to the great instructions. The outer fabric is a cotton polyester mix with an embossed pattern and the lining is silk. The cost was about $97.00 which I think is pretty good for a tailored blazer.
I also got a bit carried away and sewed my dress using Simplicity 1803. The fabric was a summer buy from Spotlight and is a cotton silk blend I got for $21.00. I made size 14 with some alterations: removed darts from back bodice, added 6" to length and removed fullness from the skirt at the side seams. I did french seams throughout and used interfacing on the facings, the zip edges and the hems. This really helped the fabric behave. I'm not sure about this dress though, I think perhaps it looks a bit young although I do like it with the blazer.
And finally, I have also finished my Myrna cardigan which goes with the dress. This is a pretty pattern and a quick easy make. Now I just need some warmer weather. Wendy xx