Tuesday 7 July 2015

Anemone socks

It is wet and cold here today but I am happy: the fire is glowing and I have hand-knitted socks on my feet!  These socks were finished in June and are the Anemone pattern by a New Zealand designer, Wei S. Leong.  The yarn is Knitsch 100% merino sock yarn which is from New Zealand merino and hand-dyed in New Zealand too.  These are my favourite hand-knitted socks so far because I got the fit just right!

Lovely things:
I have received my second package for the Happy-go-knitty 4 ply shawl club.   This time the yarn I received is a gorgeous plummy colour and I'm making good progress, just working on the lace border.  I have been visiting the Retro fair occasionally and I found some lovely handmade project bags (you can see the spotty one with my knitting) and a cute little shelf.  I am hoping to get this painted and then find a home for it.

Thanks for stopping by here and for your comments, I always appreciate them.  Wendy xx

12 comments:

  1. Hello Wendy,

    The Anemone Socks are lovely, I cannot imagine making those. Some great buys at the Retro Fair. Have fun working on your shawl, the colour is lovely.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so admire your knitting talents, your socks are gorgoeus!
    love your little house shadow box, can't wait to see what treasures you will house there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are lovely, but I don't think I'll be going there! I'll leave it to the experts. Cute little shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous socks Wendy - so warm too. Some lovely patterns and wool you are receiving in your yarn club

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your socks are gorgeous Wendy, just perfect time for this winter weather! It sure sounds like you are enjoying the shawl club, the latest package is just as lovely as the previous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some beautiful knits there Wendy.I was recently gifted some hand knitted socks & they are so gorgeous to wear, I love them. The colour of your shawl is especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your socks are gorgeous, Wendy. I remember having a shadow box for my little things when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh your socks are lovely.... best things for the cold weather...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love knitting socks. I have knitted "Hermione"s everyday socks" quite a few times.Anemone looks really lovely. Will you paint your shadow box or use scrapbooking paper?. It should be fun. Look forward to seeing what you do Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those sock! They'd be handy inn this weather! Love that purple wool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your socks are lovely and you seem to love knitting !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!