Sunday 27 May 2012

My week

Winterwoods ABCs Sampler - designed by Alicia Paulson of Posy Rosy Little Things
I have so enjoyed this week because of lots of little things:  the rain stopped so I went for three walks; my cross stitch is framed and I bought some pretty little china plates (my plan is to hang them on the wall together); I have completed the inside of Charlie's quilt and now just have the two borders to make; and I completed a Christmas wall hanging for the Christmas Angel Swap (I have given you a sneak peek above).  Another thing making me smile is the vintage spool holder I bought recently, isn't is great?  Paul is very kindly painting the red parts white for me and it needs a bit of a clean up, then I think it will look gorgeous.  I am also loving "Making a House Your Home", my sister was given this book for Mother's Day and she loaned it to me.  I enjoyed reading it so much I have ordered my own copy from the Book Depository.  We have a 60 year old, modest little home and there are always lots of projects and wish-lists.  Sometimes it feels like nothing gets done and life races by with little being accomplished.  I think the reason I am so loving this book is that it is inspiring me to plan and organise projects and I am feeling enthusiastic about changes we can make.  This year we are planning to do up our bedroom so the book was perfect timing for that.  I bought a maths book and Paul has drawn a scale diagram of the master bedroom so I can collect inspiration, ideas and samples, I have never decorated in such an organised way before, it's kind-of exciting!  We also have some little projects on the go that I will blog about as they are completed.  Wendy xx

16 comments:

  1. Wow Wendy what a wonderful week! The quilt is looking great and the book looks very interesting! How exciting being able to PLAN some decorating. Enjoy the new week hope it is as exciting, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely projects you have done Wendy and that book does look good.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly framed :o) and how exciting to be planning your redecorating. WOuld love to see before and after photos and Charlies Quilt is going to be perfect. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great week!Love your quilt and the spool holder is gorgeous, love the red. The book seems to be a very good one. I'll have to visit book Depository.
    Have a very nice week.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cross stitch is beautiful...and..just happened to notice the lovely china. You are doing a fabulous job on Charlie's quilt. It is great to have a source of inspiration like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. charlies quilt looks fantastic and your little plates are gorgeous. Your sampler looks beautiful framed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great week.Charlies quilt is looking really lovely.That Paul of yours is a treasure.
    The china is beautiful,love old china,I am always looking for jugs.Enjoy the comming week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a had a productive week. Love how the cross stitch turned out.Is the border for the quilt going to be pieced?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy.. I love your cross-stitch.. this is something Ive been thinking of getting back into lately.There is so many lovely designs around. did you get to the Quilting Show at the Hamilton Gardens?We were in Hamilton this weekend, didnt know it was on, there were some gorgeous quilts there.
    Charlie's quilt is coming along nicely.. oh and Paul is being handy again.. that's great...and I love the sound of the decorating. sounds all very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cross stitch is lovely and the frame is perfect for it. The china is very pretty, I picked up some small round mirrors a wee while ago I plan to put them in the centre of a pretty plate and put them on the wall, looking forward to seeing what you do with yours! Charlie's quilt is coming along, it's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cross stitch framed - Perfect.

    The quilt is looking amazing already, your work is beautiful.

    Love the spool holder - they are perfect for keeping things in order.

    Enjoy planning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cross stitch , pretty china ,your projects look wonderful and that book looks worth looking into .Oh and that spool holder is a wow ! Enjoy your week. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. the sampler looks great... and the plates next to it are perfect.... Charlie's quilt is growing, growing and looking fantastic.... great sneaky peak... and I love the spool holder.. they are perfect...so much nicer than a drawer...and the little sneaky peak looks great too... so very busy at your place but I would like you to pop over and help me with some decorating tips....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you had a lovely week with lots of pretty things here to share with us. The sampler has turned out beautifully, you must be pleased. And renovating your room will be very exciting, it's nice to be able to do things to improve your home. Enjoy your week. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. We live in a house built in 1959! :) Same time frame...and so much to do all the time. I'm excited for you to be able to make the changes you want! Your quilt is so amazing..I bet Charlie can hardly wait and that cross stitch is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely stitching on the sampler and the quilt is looking great!
    That vintage thread holder is going to look great on your
    sewing/crafting space... enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!