Saturday 3 September 2011

Slow progress

I am making slow progress with the Vignette blocks 5 and 9 ...
I have almost finished piecing it and I still have tracing to complete, I am hoping to get this done tomorrow and then I can enjoy the hand stitching.

I found a use for the suitcase I thrifted (see here).  I lined it with paper and now use it to store my works in progress. 
It sits on the chest at the end of my bed (my clever hubbie made the chest many years ago) and looks much tidier than the pile of projects and fabrics that used to sit there, I'm sure Paul agrees!!  Little Holly puss is inspecting my tidying to make sure it is up to standard!

In other news, Melody at the House on the Hill is having a very special giveaway to celebrate her one year blogaversary!  Melody hosts Tuesdays Treasures and shares many beautiful projects on her blog, I particularly love her fussy cut hexagons.  Don't miss her giveaway.

Happy stitching, Wendy

7 comments:

  1. I like the fabric you are using - that is a great case for your projects and a nice looking chest to put it on- your husband did a great job with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fabrics in your Vignette piece are just gorgeous! There is going to be another marathon of stitching there.
    The little suitcase is a beautiful way to store your project in progress. Very sweet.
    Holly makes perfect adornment to the foot of the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are doing better than me Wendy with the vignette quilt i am still on the 1st book,too many other projects on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Vignette quilt is beautiful..and I need to get to work. It is actually on my to do list for the weekend. Love what you did with the luggage...great idea. I would need several large steamer trunks to hide all my WIPs. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish my Vignette progress was as 'slow' as yours . It's looking great. Hope you find time to do the tracing soon. Stitching it is so relaxing.
    Love the chest that Pete made for you. Obviously another talented member of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slow progress is much better than no progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh Wendy at your 'slow' progress!! I won't even tell you where I am up to!! farming has taken over I am afraid..
    Love both your suitcase and the beautiful wooden chest..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!